Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

He's the One

I have someone in my life. And He means the world to me. No one can love me like He can and be so many things to me. He doesn't give me everything I want, but He gives me everything I need. He wakes me up every morning with a kiss of sunshine. He's with me all day long enveloping me in His comforting arms. Every night I fall asleep resting in His embrace. His love for me is greater than any I've known.

Our relationship didn't get to this place without a lot of hard work by both of us. You see, I've fallen many times. I know I've disappointed Him. I haven't always depended on Him like I should. Sometimes I've even yelled and screamed at Him. But no matter what I say or do, He still loves me - unconditionally. When I realized that, I started working on my part of the relationship. I've had to pay attention to what He's said and make sure we spend time together each and every day. I've had to learn to depend on Him in all things and thank Him for the good and the bad. Many of these things I still struggle with, but as I grow closer to Him I'm beginning to see that the harder I work, the more He blesses my life.

This love has brought me to a place where earthly problems don't hurt as much as they use to. You can say what you want about me or to me and you won't change a thing. Yes, I still feel pain, but when I remember who holds my heart and orders my steps, all the pain fades away and a smile returns to my face. I've been through a lot of bad situations. Some of them I never thought I would get over or get out of. But even when our love wasn't this strong, He still made a way for me. How could I not return such a precious gift? How could I not tell you about it?

This blog is an account of our love story. Through which I plan to show how much He loves me and how I'm learning to believe, accept and trust His love anew. Pushing aside past hurts, disappointments and frustrations, I'm working towards giving myself fully to Him. And I do this knowing - through His word and His actions - He will be with me, guiding me to a place where I can rest in complete joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment